How to do email marketing the right way?
Do You Want to know the secret of a successful email marketing campaign?
The good news is that is not magical formula for overnight success in email marketing. It’s all about having the right strategy for your products and services.
As per surveys, over 269 billion emails being sent every day, but unfortunately only 22% of retail emails are opened.
If your company’s email marketing campaign isn’t seeing success and you find yourself in the 78% of retail emails that are being sent to the junk folder without a second glance, you might want to rethink your strategy.
Email marketing isn’t just about selling — it’s about creating a relationship with consumers. A successful email marketing campaign can increase sales, lead conversion and brand awareness, but at the foundation of these results is an established, trust-based connection between a business and its customers. To establish this connection, email marketing campaigns need to achieve a delicate balance between having a voice, creating eye-catching presentations and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and consumer tastes.
So, you want to achieve success with local email marketing for your business? Here are some tips.
- Go mobile. Your customers are reading email on their smartphones and they will act more quickly on what they read than those reading on the desktop.
- Use selected subject lines.
When crafting an email, how much thought do you put into the subject line? Of course you want it to be engaging so people will be tempted to open it, but have you thought much past that?
Using a correct subject line can significantly increase open rates.
- Automate where needed. Using automation to send customers reminders can raise awareness of your offers and boost opt-in rates.
- Keep forms short and simple and encourage signups.
- Test your campaigns. Vary subject lines, images and content to see refine works best for customers. In the long term, that will make your email marketing campaigns even more successful.
- Go hyperlocal. It’s worth repeating that this is the new trend in email marketing. The idea is to market relevant content to the audiences that need it now. What they need will change depending on where they are – and the mobile revolution puts this information at your fingertips.
As you can see, there’s a lot that goes into launching a local email marketing strategy. The tips above are just some of the ways you can localize your email marketing; there are many more ways you can do this depending on how much effort and time you’re willing to put in.
October 5, 2017
September 21, 2017